Sunday, May 8, 2011

In Tune with Nature

To become more in tune with the land, seasons and opportunities for food growing, energy and water capture and the changes in wildlife and weeds in my life and the land I occupy, I am going to start an observation journal. 


What will this entail?


Recording:
  • date
  • season
  • weather - temperature, rainfall, cloud cover, etc
  • what is in flower/fruit - food, native and weed plants
  • what is happening on the land
and anything else that takes my fancy. 


Overtime, I hope to collect a picture of the patterns in the landscape, what I will need to be doing on the land, what to expect from my food plants and identify things that are out of place or sorts.


I am looking forward to learning from this process.  Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment