Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dreams of building a green house

Well I dream of building my perfect home that is self-sufficient for its power needs, has the right aspect which means heating and cooling artificially is not necessary, grows our own vegetables in the garden, uses water from showers, washing, etc for use on the garden, composting toilet and other things that I can't even think of off the top of my head but will mean that overall the impact of a stand alone house for our living purpose isn't that great a burden on the resources of this planet.

Whether such a house could be created in the local government areas within south-east Queensland (that is, whether councils are willing to build such an atypical house within their district) or whether they consider it to atypical and too difficult to wrap their heads around is an unknown and something I will have to look into. Would it be better to adapt a 'traditional' house with measures that make it more environmentally sustainable?

Looking forward to researching this matter to see whether the dream is possible and in my case affordable.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment